Monday 3 November 2014

Author interview

This month’s author interview is with Sara Anderson – another sci-fi fan just like me! Over to you…


Thanks for having me, Jennifer. I am Sara Anderson, author of the Warriors of Dareen series. I was born in a suburb of Chicago, but now I live in a small town in southwest Missouri with my husband and two small children. I have been a science fiction fan for as long as I can remember. I wrote my first story in the third grade for a school project. I enjoyed it so much I kept writing for fun. I love adding BDSM into my stories and writing about how it can help heal past hurts and make a relationship stronger.





About You


What do you do when you’re not writing?

When I am not writing I enjoy reading or just getting out of the house for a bit. My husband and I have a zoo membership, so if nothing else we walk around the zoo. I also love to cook and bake. One of the thing I love about google is finding a recipe is so easy now. Even if I am not sure what it is called I can look it up. I have made some gourmet recipes I never imagined being able to make before thanks to google.
(remind me to send you my easy to make biscuits you can do with the kids!)


If you had one item to take into the bedroom with you what would it be?

My kindle. I have to have it with me when I go to bed. Even if I read for a few moments before bed I need to have that to wind down.


Favorite rainy day activity?

When it is raining I love to bake, especially if it is a cold rain. There is just something nice about filling the house with the warm aroma of fresh baked bread and cookies when it is wet and cold outside.


Your Writing

Tell us about your latest book

My latest book I am working on is the fourth book in my Warriors of Dareen series. In book three I introduced Laura’s younger sister, Kelsey. She has been getting herself into quite a bit of trouble while Laura was gone. I am afraid to go on and give stuff from books that have yet to be released away.


What are you currently working on, or what’s on the horizon?

On the horizon I have a plot idea in mind. A young woman who is offered a job for what she thinks is just a regular job with a private company, but they turn out to be much more dangerous. So far it is only some notes on my computer, but I am enjoying playing with it.


How do you come up with inspiration for your books?
 
I have always loved science fiction and romance. I got to wondering what kind of story I could come up with if a race had to come to Earth but there were very strict laws about revealing themselves. As I thought and plotted I eventually came up with Starlight.
(Sounds wonderful! Must get around to buying it!)


What’s the hardest part of writing?

Having the time. Between my children and our home there is not enough time. My husband is a great help though. More than once he has helped with the chores so I could get some work done.
(Oh, I SOO know what you mean having a full-time job myself).


Quick Fire round

A juicy grilled steak with garlic butter or vanilla & raspberry cheesecake with white chocolate?

A juicy grilled steak with garlic and butter. I have never been big on sweets.


Historical or sci-fi movie?

Science Fiction
(I bet you didn’t think too hard about THAT one!)


Flogging or paddling?

Flogging has always been my favorite


Bouquet of roses of bunch of wild flowers?

Wild flowers


Finally links of how fans can find you on the internet?


Books can be bought from Amazon or Bookstrand.




Here’s an extract from 'Stardust':

“Excuse me,” she said coldly, hoping none of her anxiety showed.
The man grabbed her arm. “I have not given you permission to leave. I have never seen such an exotic specimen as you. What are you?” he asked. He bent down and smelled her. “You do not smell like a Dareen or Tahearan female.” He leaned in and smelled her neck. “You do not have the smell of a female that has been claimed, either.”
Laura cringed at the smell coming off of him. It was not the arousing spice scent like Varnis. Laura looked around for help, but Kara was distracted while haggling with a shop owner over a maternity dress. She looked to be a good city block away. How could I be so stupid? She chided herself. She had been paying attention to a sidewalk rather than making sure she did not fall behind. She should scream for help but her throat closed, making her unable to cry out for help.
The man started to pull her with him. “I can’t believe my luck. Kantor was just telling me there were some exotic new females on Dareen. I came here to see if I could find any and I find one on my first day.” The man’s tone was gleeful, but the look on his face made Laura’s blood turn cold.
Varnis’s warning came back to her suddenly. This man must be a Malderan. Laura tried to pull back, but the man’s hand tightened painfully.
“Do not fight me. You would really hate it if I hurt your little friend over there, wouldn’t you?” The man shook her slightly, then looked over at Kara. “You are not claimed, so I claim you.”


That was great, Sara. Next month is the turn of Maggie Walsh to be in the hot chair!

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed the interview! I am definitely finding out more about the Warriors of Dareen series!

    ReplyDelete